7/23/2009

Another Double Dee...


Yes Honey, I confess, I spent the day scrapping. I didn't do any laundry, or much of anything else that I "should" have done - aside from feeding my kids. You can ask them. I cooked them a nice healthy dinner of London Broil, fries, watermelon and strawberries. But other than that nada.

I wish I could say I got a boat load of pages done, but alas I did not. I did however have a bunch of fun digging through my stash and reminiscing as I looked at old pictures. (That is code for, I never got around to printing the pictures I was going to use on my Double Dee and therefore had to punt - oops!) So I needed to find some inspiration, and I did finally find a few pictures that spoke to me. So, yes my Double Dee is done.

This layout was a stretch for me. When you see it you'll understand. I didn't plan on scrapping it. If I had I would have asked around for a better picture or two. And yet somehow the picture I used just seems fitting. I found it mixed in with a bunch of other pics. I don't remember printing it. And even if I did, I didn't print it to use it the way that I did. But it still works for me. I mean that's how I remember her, as part of our group, so using a group picture seems kind of fitting. I don't know. Maybe I should have waited and used a better pic, but then if I had waited, I probably would never have scrapped it. So since this one just spoke to me I scrapped it.

Anyway, as far as layouts go, I think it's an awesome layout. If you want to see it, I'll be dropping it off at Dee's sometime in the late late afternoon Friday. I used some Fancy Pants, Prima, Dream Street and Jillibean Papers on it. A wee bit of chipboard, a piece of wire, and some Caboodle flowers too. There's a decent amount of layering, along with some paper piecing, and some fancy paper cutting, showing you how you can get the most bang for your buck out of one sheet of paper. I like it! But what's even more amazing is my oldest dd likes it! If it snows tomorrow you'll know why. ;)

PS. Remember Dee's Cash and Carry sale is ending this weekend. Now is the time to stock up! It doesn't get much better than 40% off. :)

No comments: