6/25/2008

Thankful. So very thankful.

I'm not a real religious kind of person. I believe and all, but I tend to keep it to myself. But today I just have to say, "Thank you God for looking out for me." Dh asked me to go to the bank a few days ago and I never made it. He then gently reminded me and I still didn't go. Don't know why exactly, just busy doing other stuff with the kids and I forgot about it. No real good reason.

Anyway today I look at the clock and realize it's 3:45 and the bank lobby closes in like 15 minutes. And I need to go inside and can't really get done what I need to do at the dive through. So I grab my stuff and zip over to the bank. It's right across the street. It takes all of 5 minutes to get there if I hit all red lights. Well I'm not there for even 2 minutes before there is a major accident right outside the bank. Loud crash and a three car pile up.

Right at the intersection I just went through only moments ago!!! Someone (my angel) must have been looking out for me because 1-2 minutes later and it could have been me. It was a serious accident. One car flipped completely upside down. And to make matters worse the flipped car landed on top of another car. Really scary sight! But the people in the flipped car appear to be relatively unhurt. One person needs to be cut out of the upside down car. Their seat belt is holding them in the car upside down half in and half out the window. But still realtively unhurt. But the people in the other two cars not so good. A lot of blood from what I heard. They will need some serious stitches at the very least.

Scary. Oh so scary, to think that 1 or 2 minutes later and that could have been me! Thank you God for keeping me safe today.

1 comment:

joscelyne cutchens said...

I thank God for keeping you safe too. He is awesome!