5/06/2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Happy, happy, happy birthday to me! Yes! Happy Birthday to me!

I've got dinner cooking. Yummmy chicken w/ 40 clove garlic is simmering away in my crockpot. I did all the prep work last night. All I had to do this morning was plug in the crockpot. So my house currently smells wonderful and I just did a taste test. OH Yummy! Oh so very yummy! Here's the link to the recipe from A year of crock potting in case you are interested. I made mine with boneless chicken and I added a package of baby carrots much to my oldest dd's dismay. She said that I ruined the chicken by adding the carrots. Silly girl, they are oh so yummy in this. If only she'd taste them.

Other than that I'm taking full advantage of the day and spending it in my jammies reading. If that sounds boring to you, then you don't know me very well. There is nothing I like better than a "really" good read. Unfortunately the book I picked "The Dark is Rising" isn't quite living up to my expectations. I guess I won't be finishing this series. Oh well! Any day spent reading is a good one.

No comments: