1/20/2009

2009 Resolutions

I know it's kind of late to be talking about resolutions. I mean we are more than half way through January. But everything I read says that if you tell people your resolutions you are more likely to stick to them. And I kind of believe that to be true, but at the same time I am afraid of failing and so I don't usually share my resolutions - not even with my dh. Why? Well because he is all so good at reminding me about them. In a kind sort of way, but when he does I feel like a little kid and I want to instantly shout no - you can't make me. Weird huh?

Anyway, back to my topic. This year one of my resolutions is to keep my eye out for pub calls. And if I happen to have a layout planned or already made that meets the call requirements to submit it. I think it's just the next natural step in the process. Back story here... For the last year or so every time I create a page I've been teaching myself to "remember" to write all the supplies I used etc on the back of my pages - just in case - you I ever want to try submitting them. So well it just seems natural that actually submitting a few would be the next step.

Now I'm not going to go crazy creating pages for calls, that is not in the scope of my resolution. But if I happen to have something in my pipeline, I am going to step outside my box and submit it. Or if I happen to have a layout that "really" works. You know the ones. Then I'm going to submit those too. You can't win it if you aren't in it. And with that said I sent two pages to CK this morning. I barely made the deadline. But hey, it's a start. And something is better than nothing. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

SUBMIT IT ALL girlfriend!
you are a very talented scrapbooker...