11/06/2008

The year with out a pumpkin...


I am not sure how it happened but this year we never quite got around to carving a pumpkin. I saw them in Publix early in Oct. But then when I was finally ready to buy several they were nowhere to be found. I didn't really think anything about and just figured I'd hit a different store. But then the next thing I knew Halloween was here and gone and we never got around to carving a single pumpkin. I can't quite believe my kids didn't say anything. I mean it's not like we only carve one pumpkin. I go all out and everyone gets to make their own.

It feels weird to not have carved at least one. But I can honestly say I didn't miss the mess from them one little bit. But I REALLY do miss my usual stash of fresh roasted pumpkin seeds. They are the whole reason I buy so many pumpkins. I just love those things!!! Store bought ones don't even compare. I might have to go out looking for a few left over unloved pumpkins. I mean really they aren't just a Halloween thing.... they kind of are in season right through thanksgiving. Right? Ok I know I jut kidding myself here, but let me live in denial for a few minutes....
p.s. these are the pumpkins the kids made all by themselves .... last year... sniff snifff...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: