11/23/2008

Twilight, the movie


Yes I admit it. I am a Twilight addict! I read the entire series in just a few short days. Hey I am a cover to cover book reader to begin with. Give me a good series and what do you expect? You surely don't think I am going to put them down? My family pretty know this. They know if mom has a good book, you are basically on your own until she finishes it. And with the Twilight series I basically finished one book and immediately started the next book. I read the whole series in something like 5 days. It was crazy. It was insane. Thanks goodness dh was out of town. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer to read them. I loved them! But please don't ask me which book I liked better because in my mind they were all just one very, very, long book. That's what happens when you read a series one book right after another w/o any sort of pause in between.

So anyway, with the Twilight movie opening you know I just had to go out and see it. And I took my girls, since both of them read the series as well. Yes my 9 year old read all 4 Twilight books and so did my 12 year old. (Yes they were that good. And yes they pretty much read them cover to cover as well.) Anyway, while we all liked the movie we found that it left us desperately wanting more. The book just has so much more depth and flavor.

None of use were particularly impressed with the cast for the movie. While we liked some of the actors chosen, we found most didn't really fit our vision of them. Alice was my favorite movie character. To me she really fit the part well. I also liked Jacob, although neither of my girls did. Bella while not what I pictured her as, by the end of the movie I sort of ended up liking her. Edward's actor on the other hand, I just don't like in this part. To me he's just not the sexy vampire I pictured Bella falling in love with. And as such I just couldn't warm up to him. Oh well. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. If you liked the movie, read the book. If you really liked the book, the movie won't compare.

No comments: