6/11/2010

Back in town.

OK I've actually been back in town for a few days already. But it's taken me this long to fully recover from the weekend Cause for Paws Crop. Yes I stayed up waaaayyyy toooo late. And then woke up way to early to do it all again the next day etc., etc. By the end I was running on pure caffeine, aka coffee! You know that caffeine/coffee addiction that I had beaten? Well it's back! And I'm seriously paying the price.

All in all though, it was a great fun filled weekend with lots of good friends - both old and new, adorable make and takes, and great classes. Although I only took one class - they all looked amazing! If I didn't have other projects I wanted to work on, I could easily have taken them all! Way to cute!

And the food... Well, if you like going out to dinner you would have loved the meals!!! Each one was a catered sit down meal with a yummy dessert included. I think the choc choc bar cookie whatever it was on the last day was my favorite dessert. Although the mega sized choc chip cookie was a close second. It took me all weekend to eat that bad boy! :)

If you missed this crop, you missed a seriously good time. It included two movies which we watch via a HUGE TV sound system. Then there was the live auction with a wide range of items to bid on. A beautiful picture, a computer, on-line classes, purses, etc... A karaoke contest and of course raffle prizes. I think there were like 50 or so raffle prizes. Some really cute stuff, stamps, software, camera stuff, etc., you name it. Not to mention lots of door prizes to be won. I think everyone won a little something.

The crop room was open 24 hours - so if you could run on little to no sleep you could essentially crop for like 72 hours straight. I know because one night I closed the crop room at something like 3 or 4am. Not a smart move on my part, because I was hurting the next day. Hence my renewed caffeine addiction.

Anyway the next crop is schedule for Jan 2011. So mark you calendars and start saving your pennies if you need to. It's a not to be missed fun filled adventure. And the best part, all the $ paid and raised go to help the animal shelter. What could be better! :) Later!

No comments: