11/26/2008

Love this quote



“If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” –Thomas Edison

I am working on a project. One that I have a few ideas for, but I could really use some more ideas for. Then as I was skimming through some blogs, I saw this quote. I found it inspiring. It reminded me that it's okay to try and fail and that every time I do that I am not really failing. I am learning something. Albeit something that doesn't work and I am ultimately getting closer to figuring out what does work and succeeding. But in order to succeed you need a new idea to try right? Well then I found this sage advice...

Reject Your First Ten Ideas - One great way to generate ideas, if you’re stuck for inspiration, is to sit down with a blank piece of paper (or a blank document on your computer) and list at least twenty ideas. Reject the first ten: they’ll almost always be too “normal” and bland. You have to get through these easy ideas in order to be really creative.

Here's to inspiration and succeeding. What are you working on?

No comments: